Hands down: one of my very favorite salads of all time because it’s packed with protein and colorful nutrients. Adopted from my sister’s recipe book, this salad combines all sorts of delicious fruits and vegetables. I call it the “everything” salad because it’s got everything from brussel sprouts to avocado to orange slices to apples to mozzarella. It’s super moist and delicious, and the best part: it requires no dressing, at all! This salad is delicious and filling on its own, but if you’re looking for some extra filling, try it with the halibut fillet.
Estimated Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: add as much much/little of each ingredient as you like!
- Kale/Spinach/Romaine Lettuce: 1 large handful
- *Halibut Fillet: 4 oz, seasoned and baked
- **Brussel Sprouts: 7 pieces, halved and boiled
- Apple: 1/2 small, chopped
- Cucumber: 1 small, chopped
- Red Onion: 1/8 cup, chopped
- Avocado: 1/2 medium, chopped
- Orange: 1/2 small, chopped
- Baby Carrots: 4 small, chopped
- Light String Cheese: 1 stick, chopped
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese: 1/2 cup
- Parmesan Cheese: 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice: 1/2 lemon
- Salt: 2 shakes
- Pepper: 3 cranks
*Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly season the halibut fillet with your favorite seasonings (I personally love Santa Maria seasoning). Once the oven is ready, pop the fillet into the oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the fish easily flakes apart.
**Brussel Sprouts: I like to boil the brussel sprout halves for about 10 minutes before throwing them into the salad.
While the halibut and brussel sprouts are cooking, chop all the other fruits and vegetables up. Once all the items are prepared, combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. Enjoy!