This warm green salad is very easy to make, and is hearty enough on its own for lunch or dinner. The tasty flavors of savory sausage juxtapose sweet, ripe grape tomatoes and crunchy spinach melt in your mouth. Dine al fresco with a glass of rose, and I’d say you’re set for a good day.
Estimated Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 1):
- Baby Spinach: 3 big handfuls
- Mild or Hot Italian Sausage: 1 link (I recommend New York Style Sausage Company)
- Grape Tomatoes: 10 grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
- Baby Bella Mushrooms: 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- Light Caesar Dressing: 1 tbsp (I recommend Ken’s Lite Caesar)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil: 1 tsp
Pour the olive oil into a small skillet, and turn to medium-high heat. When the pan gets hot, place the sausage in the pan and cover with a glass top. Sear for about 3 minutes, flip, and sear and char the other side for another 3-4 minutes (keep glass top on while searing). Next, pour just a couple tablespoons of water into the pan, cover, and reduce heat to medium. This creates some steam for the sausage to continue cooking. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes with glass top on the pan, or until sausage is cooked all the way through. Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Slice the sausage into bite-size pieces, add to the salad, and stir together. Done!